Low self-esteem is a debilitating condition that keeps individuals from realising their full potential. A person with low self-esteem feels unworthy, incapable, and incompetent. In fact, because the person with low self-esteem feels so poorly about him or herself, these feelings may actually cause the person’s continued low self-esteem.
Some characteristics of low self-esteem or self confidence
- Social withdrawal
- Anxiety and emotional turmoil
- Lack of social skills
- Depression and/or bouts of sadness
- Inability to accept compliments
- Being hard on oneself
- Treating yourself badly but NOT other people
- Worrying whether you have treated others badly
- Reluctance to take on challenges
- Reluctance to put yourself first or anywhere.
- Reluctance to trust your own opinion
- Expecting little out of life for yourself.
If you can identify with the issues outlined here by the issues outline here and you wish to seek further information or would like to arrange an introductory consultation then please fill out the form here and we’ll be in touch soon.